Archer Air R5New
AX3000 Dual-Band Wi-Fi 6 Air Router
- Next-Gen Gigabit Wi-Fi 6 Speed—2402 Mbps on 5 GHz and 574 Mbps on 2.4 GHz band ensure smoother streaming and faster downloads.1
- Smart Antennas – Uses intelligent algorithms to auto-detect your devices’ locations and adjust antennas’ direction for all-round stable signals.
- Ultra-Low Latency—Enables more responsive gaming and video chatting.
- TP-Link HomeShield - Enhanced security defends against the latest cyber threats.
- EasyMesh-Compatible - Works with EasyMesh-compatible routers to create a whole home seamless mesh network.3
- Flexible Installation – Easy to stick or mount on the wall with 3M adhesives and the attached plastic bracket.
Dual Band AX30001
Smart Antennas for All-Round Coverage
Ultra-Thin and Minimalist Design
Archer Air R5 has a compact size of 210×148×10.8mm and is even thinner than a wall outlet.
The pure white shell, minimalist lines and rounded corners form an elegant appearance and make Archer Air R5 better integrated with modern home interiors.
The LED and WPS 2-in-1 button on the front and the Type-C power port on the bottom further simplify Archer Air R5’s look.4
Flexible Installation, Ultra Convenience
Archer Air R5 is designed to easily mount onto walls and offers multiple installation methods. With two 3M adhesives on its back and a plastic bracket accessory, you can paste or mount it on a wall. Its freer placement also saves electrical socket space.
Mount on a Wall with the Plastic Bracket
Stick to a Wall with the 3M Adhesives
Live in the Fast Lane with WiFi 6
Armed with AX3000 WiFi 6, Air R5 is built to deliver a huge boost in speed, capacity, and coverage.
Faster Speeds up to 3.0 Gbps1
Connects more devices—OFDMA5
160 MHz Bandwidth
Smart Antennas for
Archer Air R5’s built-in smart antennas use intelligent algorithms to auto-detect your devices’ locations and switch to the optimal antenna arrays, ensuring all-round stable signals even in duplex houses.
Boosted WiFi Signals
Throughout Your Home
Armed with 4× powerful FEM and built-in smart antennas, Archer Air R5 boosts WiFi signals throughout your home. Beamforming technology detects devices and concentrates signals towards them, especially in hard-to-reach areas.
Flexibly Create Whole Home Mesh WiFi
Archer Air R5 is EasyMesh-compatible. If you have any dead zones at home, simply add another EasyMesh router/range extender to further form your whole home multi-gigabit mesh WiFi. No more searching for a stable connection.3 For a better network experience, we recommend combining with Archer Air E5.
WiFi Dead Zone Killer
Eliminate weak signal areas with WiFi coverage for the whole house
Uninterrupted streaming when moving around your home
One WiFi Name
No more switching WiFi network names
Advanced Security for Your Everyday Devices
With TP-Link HomeShield, enjoy advanced secuirty features delivering a safe environment that protects your family and network's data and privacy.
Home Network Scanner
Real-time network scanner to detect potential threats and security issues.
Manage time online and block inappropritate content keeping your family safe online.
Quality of Service
Assign your favorite devices to have the fastest connections for top performance.
Upgrade to HomeShield Pro
(Subscription fees apply)
Advanced Parental Controls
including Time Rewards
VPN Server: More Granular VPN Function Usage
When using the VPN Server function, external devices can access the VPN server, including remote desktops, NAS, printers, cameras, and other devices in the home network. Archer Air R5 can run both the VPN and ordinary internet connections at the same time, delivering security and flexibility.
Encryption VPN Connection (Open VPN/ PPTP VPN)
Easy Setup and Use
Whether you prefer the intuitive Tether app or TP-Link’s powerful web interface, you can set up your Archer Air R5 in minutes. The Tether app allows you to manage network settings from any Android or iOS device.
Protect Your Children
Block inappropriate content for your children, and customize a time range for better online habits.
New Connection Notification
You will be notified by your phone when new devices connect. Kick off any suspicious connections and block them. It’s as simple as that.
Easy Firmware Upgrade
Tired of upgrading firmware manually? OTA updates simplify firmware upgrades with a click in the management panel. To keep your security and functions always up to date, just turn on the auto schedule.
Ensures horizontal installation
Hang the router on a Wall
Stick the router to a wall
Type-C Power Port
Two Gigabit Ethernet Ports
Dimensions: 210 × 148 × 10.8 mm
|Network Security||HomeShield Security
Real-Time IoT ProtectionMalicious Site BlockerIntrusion Prevention SystemDDoS Attack PreventionHome Network Scanner
|Guest Network||1× 5 GHz Guest Network1× 2.4 GHz Guest Network|
|VPN Server||PPTP ServerNOpenVPN ServerN|
|Standards||Wi-Fi 6IEEE 802.11ax/ac/n/a 5 GHzIEEE 802.11ax/n/b/g 2.4 GHz|
|WiFi Speeds||AX30005 GHz: 2402 Mbps (802.11ax, HE160)2.4 GHz: 574 Mbps (802.11ax)|
|WiFi Range||3 Bedroom Houses
Multiple antennas form a signal-boosting array to cover more directions and large areasBeamformingConcentrates wireless signal strength towards clients to expand WiFi rangeHigh-Power FEMImproves transmission power to strengthen signal coverage
Dual-BandAllocate devices to different bands for optimal performanceOFDMASimultaneously communicates with multiple Wi-Fi 6 clientsAirtime FairnessImproves network efficiency by limiting excessive occupation4 StreamsConnect your devices to more bandwidth
|Working Modes||Router ModeAP Mode|
|Ethernet Ports||1× Gigabit WAN Port1× Gigabit LAN Port|
|Buttons||WPS ButtonReset Button|
|Service Kits||HomeShieldLearn More>|
|EasyMesh||Mesh networking creates smooth, fast, stable roaming. Archer Air R5 can build an EasyMesh network with devices that use EasyMesh technology. Eliminate Wi-Fi dead zones, expand your network, and fill your entire home with high-speed Wi-Fi.Learn More about EasyMesh>|
|Parental Controls||HomeShield Parental Controls
Custom ProfilesProfessional Content Filter LibraryFamily TimeBedtimeOff TimeTime RewardsFamily Online Time RankingPause the InternetWeekly and Monthly Reports
|WAN Types||Dynamic IPStatic IPPPPoEPPPoE + Dynamic IP PPPoE + Static IP L2TP + Dynamic IP L2TP + Static IP PPTP + Dynamic IP PPTP + Static IP|
|Quality of Service||QoS by Device|
|Cloud Service||FOTA Firmware UpgradeTP-Link IDDDNS|
|NAT Forwarding||Port FowardingPort TriggeringDMZUPnP|
|IPTV||ProfileBridgeCustomAllowed range of VLAN ID|
|DHCP||DHCP ServerAddress ReservationDHCP Client List|
|Management||Tether AppWebpageCheck Web Emulator>|
|Certifications||FCC, CE, RoHS|
|Environment||Operating Temperature: 0℃~40℃ (32℉ ~104℉)Storage Temperature: -40~60℃Operating Humidity: 10%~90% non-condensingStorage Humidity: 5%~90%|
|WiFi Transmission Power||CE: <20dBm(2.4GHz)<23dBm(5.15GHz~5.35GHz)<30dBm(5.47GHz~5.725GHz)FCC:<30dBm(2.4GHz & 5.15GHz~5.825GHz)|
|WiFi Reception Sensitivity||5GHz-band1:11a 6Mbps:-97dBm11a 54Mbps:-78dBm11ac HT20 MCS8:-74dBm11ac HT40 MCS9:-69dBm11ac HT80 MCS9:-65dBm11ax HE20 MCS0: -97dBm11ax HE20 MCS11: -66dBm11ax HE40 MCS0: -94dBm11ax HE40 MCS11: -63dBm11ax HE80 MCS0: -91dBm11ax HE80 MCS11: -60dBm5GHz-band2:11a 6Mbps:-97dBm11a 54Mbps:-78dBm11ac HT20 MCS8:-74dBm11ac HT40 MCS9:-69dBm11ac HT80 MCS9:-65dBm11ax HE20 MCS0: -97dBm11ax HE20 MCS11: -66dBm11ax HE40 MCS0: -94dBm11ax HE40 MCS11: -63dBm11ax HE80 MCS0: -91dBm11ax HE80 MCS11: -60dBm11ax HE160 MCS0: -88dBm11ax HE160 MCS11: -58dBm5GHz-band3:11a 6Mbps:-97dBm11a 54Mbps:-78dBm11ac HT20 MCS8:-74dBm11ac HT40 MCS9:-69dBm11ac HT80 MCS9:-65dBm11ax HE20 MCS0: -97dBm11ax HE20 MCS11: -66dBm11ax HE40 MCS0: -94dBm11ax HE40 MCS11: -63dBm11ax HE80 MCS0: -91dBm11ax HE80 MCS11: -60dBm11ax HE160 MCS0: -88dBm11ax HE160 MCS11: -58dBm2.4GHz:11g 6Mbps:-96dBm11g 54Mbps:-78dBm11n HT20 MCS7:-76dBm11n HT40 MCS7:-72dBm11ax HE20 MCS0: -95dBm11ax HE20 MCS11: -65dBm11ax HE40 MCS0: -93dBm11ax HE40 MCS11: -62dBm|
|Dimensions (W×D×H)||8.3 × 5.5 × 0.4 in(210 × 140 × 10.8 mm)|
|Package Contents||Wireless Router Archer Air R5Quick Installation GuidePower AdapterPlastic BracketGigabit Network CableInstallation Accessories|
1. Maximum wireless signal rates are the physical rates derived from IEEE Standard 802.11 specifications. Actual wireless data throughput and wireless coverage are not guaranteed and will vary as a result of 1) environmental factors, including building materials, physical objects, and obstacles, 2) network conditions, including local interference, volume and density of traffic, product location, network complexity, and network overhead, and 3) client limitations, including rated performance, location, connection, quality, and client condition.
2. 8mm refers to the thickness of the majority of the device. Some portions may exceed this size out of necessity.
3. TP-Link EasyMesh-compatible products can network with other devices that use EasyMesh. Failed connections may be due to firmware conflicts of different vendors.
4. Pictures are for reference only.If there are any inconsistencies between the product image and the actual product, the actual product shall prevail.
5. Use of Wi-Fi 6 / 802.11ax and DL/UL OFDMA requires compatible clients.
6. Actual network speed may be limited by the rate of the product's Ethernet WAN or LAN port, the rate supported by the network cable, Internet service provider factors and other environmental conditions.