What should I do if I cannot open a website through Deco network?
If all the other websites are accessible but you are unable to access a specific website when connected to Deco network, please refer to the following steps to troubleshoot.
- Disconnect the main deco from the modem, and then connect a PC to the same port on the modem via the same Ethernet cable.
- Verify if the PC could access the specific website successfully. If so, please go to the next step; if not, it should be either the specific website issue or your modem/ISP issue.
- If the PC could access the specific website when connected to the modem directly, please refer to the link to find the MAC address (Physical Address) of the PC’s wired network adapter.
- Refer to the link to clone the PC’s MAC address on the Deco for a try.
If the problem still cannot be resolved, for the Deco devices that support homecare , you may also try the following troubleshooting:
Step 1. Check if the Antivirus feature on the Deco blocks this website.
Launch the Deco app, tap Protecting Your Network part, then you will be able to see the threats detected and blocked.
If Antivirus blocks this website, which means this website is listed as a malicious site in Trend Micro’s database.
On the Deco M5, you can click on Malicious Content Filter and then add the blocked website to the Allow List.
Note: Some Deco models with the HomeCare feature may not support the Allow List feature, but do not worry since they will add this feature via firmware updates in the future.
For the Deco models that do not support the Allow List feature now, you may disable the Antivirus feature, or go to the website https://global.sitesafety.trendmicro.com to test the category of the blocked website, then apply classify the blocked website to be a different category which won't be blocked by the Antivirus feature.
Step 2. Check if the Parental Control feature on the Deco blocks this website.
- Confirm if you have set a Parental Control profile for the device that cannot access a specific website. If so, remove the device from the parental control profile to verify the problem.
- If the Parental Control feature blocks this website but you have not blocked this website specifically, that means this website may belong to the Categories you blocked on the Parental Control page.
- To solve the problem, go to the website https://global.sitesafety.trendmicro.com to test the category of the blocked website, then remove this category on the Parental Control>Filter Level page.
To get to know more details of each function and configuration please go to Download Center to download the manual of your product.
Is this faq useful?
Your feedback helps improve this site.