Download for RE305
- Product Overview
How to Set up TP-Link Range Extenders RE205 & RE305 via WPSLearn how to install and set up the TP-Link WiFi Range Extender RE205 & RE305 via the WPS button. For more information on TP-Link WiFi Range Extenders, visit: https://bit.ly/2TDJ5WI Applicable Models: RE205 V3 and later versions RE305 V3 and later versions
How to Setup a TP-Link Range Extender via the Tether App (2019)This video will take you through the process of setting up a TP-Link range extender using the TP-Link Tether app, available for your iOS or Android device
How to setup a Range Extender -Web- (2019)An updated video on how to setup a Range Extender using the web GUI
- How to confirm whether my range extender is successfully configured and in the best location?
- How to configure Range Extender via Tether APP
- What should I do if the range extender cannot find my host network?
- How to check whether my Range Extender is using the same SSID with my Router
- How to setup the range extender via WPS button (new logo)?
- Most frequently asked questions about TP-Link range extenders
- How to Boost Your Wi-Fi Signal
- How to place your wireless Range Extender for optimal reception and performance?
- What should I do if my range extender does not extend the Wi-Fi coverage?
- Fix Unstable Connection on the Range Extender by Changing Router Advanced Features
- What's the solution if my TP-Link range extender can't connect to my router properly?
- My devices are connected to the range extender but no network access
- How to Configure OneMesh Range Extender via Tether app?
- How to log into the Web GUI of my Range Extender via IP address or domain name?
- Different Application Scenarios to use the TP-Link dual band range extender
- How to set up Mac Filtering on router (blue UI) to control the devices connected to the Range Extender?
- Why can't I login to the web management utility of range extender?
- Why I cannot access range extender by using the domain name
- Why is my main router’s wireless password changed after using WPS to setup the Range Extender?
A firmware update can resolve issues that the previous firmware version may have and improve its current performance.
IMPORTANT: To prevent upgrade failures, please read the following before proceeding with the upgrade process
- Please upgrade firmware from the local TP-Link official website of the purchase location for your TP-Link device, otherwise it will be against the warranty. Please click here to change site if necessary.
- Please verify the hardware version of your device for the firmware version. Wrong firmware upgrade may damage your device and void the warranty. (Normally Vx.0=Vx.6/Vx.8 (eg:V1.0=V1.6/V1.8); Vx.x0=Vx.x6/Vx.x8 (eg:V1.20=V1.26/V1.28)
How to find the hardware version on a TP-Link device?
- Do NOT turn off the power during the upgrade process, as it may cause permanent damage to the product.
- To avoid wireless disconnect issue during firmware upgrade process, it's recommended to upload firmware with wired connection unless there is no LAN/Ethernet port on your TP-Link device.
- It's recommended that users stop all Internet applications on the computer, or simply disconnect Internet line from the device before the upgrade.
- Use decompression software such as WinZIP or WinRAR to extract the file you download before the upgrade.
|Published Date: 2021-07-19||Language: Multi-language||File Size: 2.91 MB|
Modification and bug fixes:
|Published Date: 2021-04-02||Language: Multi-language||File Size: 2.96 MB|
Note: for RE305(US) 4.0
|Published Date: 2021-03-19||Language: Multi-language||File Size: 2.96 MB|
To Use Third Party Firmware In TP-Link Products
Some official firmware of TP-Link products can be replaced by the third party firmware such as DD-WRT. TP-Link is not obligated to provide any maintenance or support for it, and does not guarantee the performance and stability of third party firmware. Damage to the product as a result of using third party firmware will void the product's warranty.
Open Source Code For Programmers (GPL)
Please note: The products of TP-Link partly contain software code developed by third parties, including software code subject to the GNU General Public Licence (“GPL“), Version 1/Version 2/Version 3 or GNU Lesser General Public License ("LGPL"). You may use the respective software condition to following the GPL licence terms.
You can review, print and download the respective GPL licence terms here. You receive the GPL source codes of the respective software used in TP-Link products for direct download and further information, including a list of TP-Link software that contain GPL software code under GPL Code Center.
The respective programs are distributed WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the respective GNU General Public License for more details.