How to upgrade the firmware of the TL-WA850RE
This Article Applies to:
· Please verify the hardware version of your device for the firmware version.Wrong firmware upgrading may damage your device and void the warranty.
· After you downloaded the firmware from TP-Link website(Support-Download Center), please use decompression software such as WinZIP or WinRAR to extract the firmware file to a folder;
· Do NOT upgrade the firmware via wireless connection; You will want to, instead, connect your computer to the device via an Ethernet cable
· Do NOT turn off the power or cut down the Ethernet cable during upgrade process;
· Please write down the key settings as a backup before you start to upgrade because after upgrading the old settings may be lost.
Step 1Log into the Range extender by typing http://tplinkrepeater.net or http://192.168.0.254in the address bar of the web browser (such as Internet Explorer, Google chrome). A little window will pop out and ask you for the username and password. The Username and Passwordare both admin in lower case by default.
Note: If you are failed to get access the web interface please click here.
Step 2First click exit to leave the quick setup. Then click System Tools on the left menu->Firmware Upgrade, click the Choose File button to browse too and choose the firmware you already extracted in the folder.
Step 3 Click the Upgrade button. The device will reboot automatically after the upgrading has been finished. Please wait about 3 minutes.
Step 4 Click Status, please verify that the firmware of Range Extender has been upgraded.
Is this faq useful?
Your feedback helps improve this site.
Still need help? Search for answers, ask questions, and get help from TP-Link experts and other users around the world.