TP-Link Smart Plug/Switch
How to add a TP-Link plug/switch to the Deco network?
- Configure the plug/switch via Kasa app and connect it to the Wi-Fi network of Deco;
- Launch Deco app, tap the Add icon at the upper right corner, then choose Smart Devices -> Switchs/Plugs/Outlets -> Smart Plug/Smart Light Switch (TP-Link).
- Tap NEXT, the app will say Searching…
- Wait up to 30 seconds until the device is discovered. If not, tap TRY AGAIN.
- When the device is discovered, tap NEXT and choose a location for it. Then tap DONE, and the device will list on the app.
How to reset a TP-Link smart plug?
Find the Settings button located at the top of the plug:
- Press and hold (about 5 seconds) until the Wi-Fi LED blinks amber and green alternately to initiate the smart-config process, without losing the configuration settings.
- Press and hold (about 10 seconds) until the WI-Fi LED blinks amber quickly to reset the plug to factory defaults.
How to reset a TP-Link smart switch?
Find the RESET button located underneath the switch:
- Press and hold (about 5 seconds) until the Wi-Fi status LED blinks amber and green alternately to initiate App-Config mode, without losing the configuration settings.
- Press and hold (about 10 seconds) until the Wi-Fi status LED blinks amber rapidly to reset the switch to factory defaults. Note that factory settings will erase all of your custom settings, and you’ll have to set it up again.
Note: If the device fails to reset, please refer to the setup guide of the device’s manufacturer for more information.
Fail to add the device / the Wi-Fi LED lit solid red / the device is offline/unreachable
- Check the switch of the bulb and make sure it’s always switched to the ON position.
- Make sure Remote Control is enabled on Kasa app.
- Move the switch closer to the Deco router.
- Avoid physical obstructions and radio interference in the surrounding area.
Reset the bulb and reconnect it to the Deco network.
Is this faq useful?
Your feedback helps improve this site.
Still need help? Search for answers, ask questions, and get help from TP-Link experts and other users around the world.