Smart Wi-Fi Dimmer Light Switch, Matter
- Matter Certified – Integrate Matter-certified Tapo devices with other Matter end products into your preferred ecosystem.
- Brightness Control – Control the brightness of your lights to set the ideal ambiance for different activities.
- Fade On/Off – Slowly increase brightness or dim to off when turning lights on/off
- Voice Control – Manage your smart switch with voice commands via Amazon Alexa, Apple Siri®, or Google Assistant.
- Remote Control – Instantly turn connected devices on/off from wherever you are through the Tapo app.
- Schedule – Preset a schedule to automatically manage devices.
- Away Mode – Randomly turns devices on and off at different times to give the appearance that someone is home.
- Smarter with Sensors – Create Smart Actions triggered by Tapo smart sensors for greater automation.
Customize Lighting Ambience from Anywhere
Smart Wi-Fi Light Dimmer SwitchTapo S505D
With Matter support, using one app to control all smart devices is no longer a fantasy. Integrate Tapo Matter devices into your favorite ecosystems to create a unified smart home.
Control the brightness of lights in any room and set the ambience for any activity. Designed to dim today's energy efficient LEDs as well as traditional incandescent bulbs.
*The actual lighting effect varies according to the connected lights.
Smart dimmer switches smoothly adjust lighting levels without sudden eye-irritating brightness or darkness. Fade off the lights in your child’s bedroom as they drift off to sleep.
Use simple voice commands to turn on/off your connected devices or set lighting levels via Siri®, Alexa, Google Assistant, or any other Matter-compliant voice assistant.
Your connected devices in your local area network (LAN) remain accessible via the Tapo app or other Matter-compatible smart home control centers, even when the household goes offline.
Control from Anywhere
Control the lighting ambience of your home spaces from anywhere, at any time using the Tapo app.
Smarter with Sensors1
Effortlessly control your lights by setting automation or scenes triggered by Tapo smart sensors.
Control multiple devices all at once for a customizable scene. Instantly set the perfect ambience for any activity.
Use Schedules to set your smart dimmer switch to automatically turn on and off.
Share to Family
The Matter protocol enables family members to access your home's smart products through different control ecosystems.
Automatically turn on and off connected appliances, like lights, to make it appear as if you're home.
Enjoy Easy, Friendly Setup
Tapo offers users multiple options to simplify configuration experiences. Use Bluetooth to easily onboard the smart switch with the Tapo app. Users can also set up Tapo S505D by scanning the included code with any Matter-compatible app, such as the Alexa app, Google Home app, and Apple Home app.
Tapo app: Bluetooth Onboarding
Matter-Compatilble app: Scan the Matter Code
Setup Guide for Matter products >>
Easy to Install
Turn off the circuit breaker.
Then remove the old wallplate of the wall switch and label the Ground and Neutral wires.
Then disconnect the wires from the old switch.
Turn on the circuit breaker.
Use a voltage detector to identify the energized wire (Line wire).
Then turn off the circuit breaker. Label the Line and Load wires.
Take care to avoid electric shocks.
Connect the wires to the smart dimmer switch as shown below.To Light Power Source
- Ground: Usually green or copper.
- Neutral: Usually white, and not connected to the dumb switch.
- Line: Usually black and coming from the circuit breaker.
- Load: Usually black. One end is connected to the light.
- If you are unsure, consult a qualified electrician.